Hold on to your dreams!


Everyone has dreams. Dreams of what they aspire to be. Dreams of what they want to accomplish. Dreams of places they want to arrive at. But many times, their aspirations and goals remain just distant dreams, seemingly unattainable.
I always aspired to be an English teacher, many people tried to put me off. They said that it is too hard for a native Israeli to teach English, and more so that for a young girl like me, it will be almost impossible to control a rowdy group of today's kids who are not interested in learning a second language. But, I held on to my dreams, I knew I could do it and didn’t let anyone put a dampner on my hopes.
Standing before my first class of 6th grade boys, where some boys looked like they wanted to be  anywhere but in the classroom,
I felt my confidence ebbing
I started thinking that everybody was right and that I could not do this.
Was I crazy for taking this job?   But after a minute, I regained my composure. I breathed in and out and told myself, "This is a challenge; no challenge is easy, but hard doesn’t mean impossible".
Today I enter my classroom and observe with pride as my students are well behaved, ready to learn and show joy in mastering a new language.
I am thankful that I am making my dream a reality.
My message to all of you is never give up, keep on dreaming and follow your dreams, because "hard doesn’t mean impossible". 

Comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! it was very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homogeneous Cllassrooms