A very special school


I want to share with you a very interesting experience I had last week. I observed a fourth grade double lesson at Eitan School. Eitan School is a special elementary  school which has a language immersion program. The school is situated in my neighborhood Armon Hanatsiv. Each student gets 10 hours of English learning lessons a week. Four hours of English language is taught and there is  .usually an additional subject taught in English such as science or math
When I entered the classroom the first thing I noticed was that there were two teachers, Leah and Tamar. I also noticed how the class was divided into four groups according to level, for this reason the number of students per group differed. Each teacher was in charge of two groups. I sat next to Tamar, therefore I watched her specifically. There was a group of three strong English Speakers who read the same book for about twenty minutes, while Tamar worked with the weaker group, which was a group of eight Students. They worked with vocabulary for their next story to be learned. After the break, Tamar worked with the English Speakers while the others did worksheets  about the vocabulary they have learned. Tamar is in charge of eleven pupils every English hour.
I was impressed by the fact that almost each child was participating. This could be because each student received the assignment to their level. The teachers kept them busy for the entire lesson.
There wasn't a typical quiet classroom environment and the teachers were constantly on their feet, working with each group. However, |I felt this learning style was very interesting and different.

 ?Would you like to teach with another teacher or assistant in the same class

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homogeneous Cllassrooms